Friday, July 20, 2012

Craft Past


A little bit about my craft past:

I have never been able to stick with one thing for very long, which is why my craft corner is clogged with interesting things from many different projects. Obviously no picture of the craft corner... (eww- thats a craft in itself that I'll have to get to soon!)

Among other small things in the past I have taken up:

Knitting, crochet, needlepoint, cross stitch, latch hook ….
Cooking, baking, cake making, bentos (<3) …
Sewing, costume making, felting, purses …
Beading, braiding, kumihimo …
carving, leatherwork and candle making!

I began on my craft journey when I was ten years old in a summer sewing class. My mother enrolled me to start me off with a good base knowledge of sewing machines. I remember them giving us a piece of paper with lines on it, and a machine with no needle. We had to “sew” the paper along the dotted line. I was the first one done the paperwork. (Can you guess how well my lines were done?) I had to try the exercise a few more times before I was able to move onto threading the machine and trying it again with fabric, but it taught me a little about patience.

I still have my first two projects that I ever made- a pin cushion and a small bunny. I’ll have to take them out of storage at some point to take a picture of them. We moved into different sewing techniques and finished the class by making pillows. It was a great opportunity to learn, and the store is still there! 


My cat Lilly, telling me to work faster and feed her sooner. ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you! :)